ad

Video Of the Day

RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Joe Black Explains H&M Dress & Reacts To RuPaul Moment

Joe Black is revealing why they wore the now-infamous H&M dress that got them in trouble with RuPaul on RuPaul's Drag Race UK season 2. After becoming the first eliminated queen of the season, Joe was voted by their peers to come back into the competition. The fans were very happy to see this veteran drag performer getting another shot at snatching the crown, and Joe Black left it all on the stage. Unfortunately, Joe was sent home once again at the end of the episode, but not before being a part of one of the most iconic moments in RuPaul's Drag Race herstory.

In an interview with Screen Rant, Joe Black opened up about the reasons behind wearing an H&M dress that even the queen initially called "basic." Joe started, "As far as I was concerned, my Drag Race journey was done. I left and then production shut down. I was just waiting for them to resume filming so that it could be finished, so we could shoot the promo and all of that stuff." So when Joe received a call three weeks before production resumed with an invitation to possibly come back into the competition, things were more complicated than one might imagine: "At this point, I had sold some of my runways, because I wasn't going to need them, because I wasn't going back to Drag Race! Half of it was in storage, half of it was gone. I had sold some of it to pay my rent."

Related: RuPaul's Drag Race UK Recap: One Queen Has COVID, Another Returns

Joe Black then talked about being on the receiving end of what is now one of the most iconic RuPaul moments in the history of the Drag Race franchise. Plot twist: Joe loved being a part of it! Joe explained, "Oh, it was everything! I didn't realize such a simple dress could stir up such raw deep emotions from somebody! Looking at that experience, I was like, 'Ooh, this is a very dramatic episode of Drag Race, isn't it?' And then I realized that I am in that very dramatic episode of Drag Race!" As to whether Joe would try to do something else to change their fate on Drag Race... that doesn't seem like the case here. "People keep saying it, 'Would you do anything different?' And I think, that was quite a strong reaction. I think I would be doing a disservice by doing anything differently. Now I have my very own Tyra Banks moment," Joe said with a laugh.

Nonetheless, Joe Black doesn't believe that the episode would've had a different outcome if they had insisted on wearing something else: "This is the 'returning queen curse,' isn't it? I think whatever happened, I would've probably gone home. And to be completely fair to everyone else, they had gone through episodes one, two, three, and four. If I had come back and someone else left before me, I'd feel awful." All things considered, this legendary drag performer is very happy about the time that they had on the show.

For now, the fans can go follow Joe Black on Instagram and on Twitter. Joe also has a Patreon with exclusive drag and cabaret content.

More: RuPaul's Drag Race: Tina Burner Pokes Fun At Her 'McDonalds' Aesthetic

RuPaul's Drag Race UK season 2 airs Thursdays at 11 am PT / 2 pm ET exclusively on WOW Presents Plus in the US and select territories worldwide, day-and-date with its international airing on BBC iPlayer in the UK.



from ScreenRant - Feed https://ift.tt/3pgigVq
RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Joe Black Explains H&M Dress & Reacts To RuPaul Moment RuPaul's Drag Race UK: Joe Black Explains H&M Dress & Reacts To RuPaul Moment Reviewed by Riyad on February 12, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

ad2

Powered by Blogger.